Adamson soars to their fourth win in a row, UE finally nabs their first win

UE Red Warriors 96 – UST Growling Tigers 91

After scoring 49 points in their loss to the DLSU Green Archers, Alvin Pasaol stayed hot and scored 32 points to lead the UE Red Warriors to their first win in Season 80. This time around, Pasaol got ample support from the rest of his team as Philip Manalang, Mark Olayon and Jason Varilla all scored in double digits.

It was a tight game for most of the first half. The UST Growling Tigers were down early but they regained the lead midway through the second period when Marvin Lee hit a three-pointer to give UST the lead, 35-34. The Red Warriors answered right back with an 18-2 run to build a 52-37 lead. Pasaol and Manalang were key figures in that run. Pasaol got the run started with a booming three-pointer. Manalang found Pasaol for another trey to spike the lead up to 13 points. Manalangs gutsy layup got the lead to it’s highest at 15.

The Growling Tigers fought back in the third quarter behind Lee’s outside shooting to get back in the game. Unfortunately, the Red Warriors kept them at bay in the fourth period. Everytime they would threaten to take the lead, UE was prepared. Pasaol and Olayon hit big shots to keep UE up while Varilla had big defensive stops to stifle UST’s run. Pasaol hit the dagger when he put in Olayon’s fast break miss in the dying seconds to give UE a three-point lead.

AdU Soaring Falcons 95 – FEU Tamaraws 79

The Adamson Soaring Falcons bombed and blitzed the FEU Tamaraws to win their fourth straight game. After starting the season at 1-2, Adamson is finally showing the league why they were favorites coming into the season. The Falcons are now entrenched at the third spot with a 5-2 record.

Right from the get go, the Soaring Falcons used their vaunted full court press to pressure the FEU ball handlers and force turnovers. On the other end of the floor, Adamson was hitting their outside shots helping them to pull away early. Midway through the first period, Tyrus Hill intercepted a crosscourt pass and touch-passed it to Robbie Manalang. The point guard stopped, popped and dropped a big trey to give Adamson their first double digit lead of the game, 21-8.

The Falcons continued to pressure the Tamaraws and execute their offense on the other end. Jerrick Ahanmisi got his hand on a pass, tipped it forward and drove all the way to the other end of the court for a fast break layup to give Adamson a 55-36 lead. The Falcons took a 60-41 halftime lead and cruised all the way for the win. Adamson forced 20 turnovers and scored 23 points off those giveaways. They also hit 10/21 treys while limiting FEU to 0/5 shooting from beyond the arc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ERROR: si-captcha.php plugin says captcha_library not found.